14th November 2023
Want to improve your skills? One of our structured courses is for you.
Adult Courses and Sessions
We're recognised by British Canoeing and the Royal Yachting Association for the quality of our watersport tuition. Our experienced and qualified instructors really enjoy passing on their expertise to new and improving sailors and paddlers. We make our courses as accessible and fun as we possibly can, whilst covering all the techniques and tactics for you to excel in your chosen sport. We also provide all the equipment you'll need, so you won't have to go shopping first, and a car parking permit for the duration of your course.
- No prior experience or qualifications needed for most activities
- Helmets, buoyancy aids and wetsuits provided
- Every participant must complete an online consent form, or prior to the first day of the course or activity
£320 Weekend | Age 12+ | 9:30am-5pm | Saturday - Sunday
The Royal Yachting Association Powerboat Level 2 certificate is the driving license of powerboating. This weekend course will give you the skills to drive a powerboat competently and safely. No previous experience is required. Suitable for anyone aged 12+ (all students under 16 will received the Under 16 endorsement on any level 2 certificate issued).
What to expect
- Taught in a mixture of our Rigiflex 360s and our 5m Humber RIB.
- Your own copy of the RYA Start Powerboating (G48) and the RYA Powerboat Scheme Syllabus and Logbook provided as part of the course.
- A standard passport photo will be required for you Level 2 certificate on successful completion of the course.
Our adult powerboat scheme courses are usually run over 2 days as follows:
09:30 Signing in and meet your instructor
10:00 Issue equipment and getting changed
10:30 Safety Pack and Equipment checks, before quickly heading afloat
13:00 Back afloat
16:00 De-rigging packing away and getting changed
16:30 Debrief and Certificates
17:00 Signing out
If we are currently running courses you will be able to find them by clicking the green booking buttons otherwise you can book a bespoke session for individual tuition. All timings are subject to change. If you have any questions please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Before You Visit page for what to bring or further information.
Booking bespoke tuition will guarantee a session built entirely for you/your group, whether you’re looking for a refresher or to sharpen your skills. Run by our qualified staff in sailing, canoeing, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding and more. Sessions are 2 hour in length and either 1:1 or 2:1, or groups of 3 to 6, and include all equipment.
£84pp 1:1 tuition for 2 hours
£63pp 2:1 tuition for 2 hours
£58pp 3 to 6 participants for 2 hours
- 10 percent discount applies to private tuition rates for lake access annual pass holders. Find out more about Dinton Activity Centre Lake Access Passes.
- Private Tuition has a minimum age of 8. Anyone under the age 8 must be accompanied by a paying adult.